2012, Association Congress, 15-17 July
The Association Congresses lead the way within the sector with their highly valuable programme content and networking opportunities.
- Neil Skinner, Business Development Manager, The Law Society explains how one of the oldest and most well recognised membership brands in the world leverages their influence to offer significant value to members, and revenue to the Society by the use of an effective Affiliate Programme.
- Karen Doran, Director, ConsultCIH, Chartered Institute of Housing discusses how the institute has used its’ knowledge and experience to enter and succeed in a saturated consultancy market and how this may be a viable option for you.
- Catherine Spence, Events Manager, Council of Mortgage Lenders explains how they attract almost 2000 guests to their two large dinners and two large lunches with less than 20% of members paying for their own tickets.
- Nigel Steffens, CEO, The Federation of Screen and Digital Printers Associations presents the federation case study.
- Sharron Gunn, Executive Director, Commercial, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales presents the institute case study.
- Paul Smee, Director General, Council of Mortgage Lenders and Mark Boleat, Chairman,Association of Labour Providers and Chairman, UK Social Data Services share their knowledge and experience during a ‘fireside’ chat with the audience.
- Mark Palmer, Managing Director, OEE explains how the arrival of a new CEO at the Recruitment & Employment Confederation has led to existing practices being challenged and the development of a brand new operating model. Using Lean principles the new operating model has greatly enhanced the customer experience for REC’s members.
- Mark Levin, Director, BAI discusses some of the practical challenges organisations have faced when refocusing some of their products and services.
- Nina Harman, Head of Conferences, Events and Exhibitions, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development will lead the conferences and exhibitions discussion at the table mash-up.
- Senior association professionals discuss how they have leveraged their data to provide value to members and income from members and non-members.
- So you think you’ve secured a great deal from a commercial venture and you are a top negotiator? Or perhaps you just want to see what other people’s Commercial Contracts look like and to benchmark yourself against them. If so then this will be a key session for you. Using actual commercial contracts signed by associations, you will be able to see and discuss how commercial other associations are; and therefore, how commercial you really are.
- Keynote of the Leadership Summit – Introducing findings of the latest association governance research.
- Unique sessions to discuss your challenges and benefit from solutions proposed by your peers within the Leadership Summit.