– From Moon-Walking to Doing the Conga, Hallmark Launches Crowd-Sourced Guide of Things to do Before You’re 30
– ‘Travel’ and ‘Life Experiences’ Top Categories
LEEDS, England, September 23, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — If you’re about to turn 30, and want to ensure you’ve done it all, then Hallmark Cards could be coming to the rescue. The leading greetings card (http://www.hallmark.com) manufacturer is today publishing the definitive guide of ‘things to do before you’re 30′, but with a twist – it’s completely crowd-sourced via Twitter and Facebook from more than 700 people who have already reached the milestone!
Hallmark is launching the ‘b430′ guide in support of its current TV ad, which tells the real-life story of two friends, Rebecca and Katie, and all their experiences together, in the run up to one of their 30th’s.
It links with Hallmark’s ‘everyday’ online personalised card (http://www.hallmark.co.uk/personalised-cards/) range available at http://www.hallmark.co.uk which covers every occasion from weddings to anniversaries, invitations to get well cards, and yes, birthday cards (http://www.hallmark.co.uk/personalised-cards/birthday-cards/) too!
Now, after more than 700 submissions, Hallmark has narrowed the list down to a final 30 ‘must-do’ challenges, which is being published on http://www.Hallmark.co.uk. From driving Route 66, to “Moon Walking” across a crowded dancefloor and dancing the Conga, it’s certainly diverse and challenging!
The list can be split into six main subject areas, with, perhaps unsurprisingly, travel coming top
1) Travelling experiences (26% of entries). Travelling the world, living in India, partying in Vegas, walking the Great Wall of China…
2) Life experiences (20%). Taking a trip in a hot air balloon, trying horse riding, learning to ice skate like Torvill and Dean, treating yourself to a fabulous designer bag…
3) Out-there or bizarre activities (19%). Changing your name by deed poll, dating an a-list celeb, spending the day speaking only in movie quotes, auditioning for a reality TV show…
4) Wholesome or charitable (14%). Rescuing an animal, doing the London Marathon for charity, becoming a blood donor…
5) Extreme feats of daring (10%). Going zorbing down a steep hill, trying rally driving, climbing the highest mountain in the world…
6) Family and friends (10%). Making Christmas dinner for more people than you’ve got room for, kissing that special person in the rain, falling in love and staying in love, really getting to know your parents.
Jon Taylor, from Hallmark Cards online, commented: “Hallmark’s online card service lets people create their ultimate personal card with everything from choice of picture through to layout, colour and funny verse. We thought it would be great to take this a few steps further and create our personal guide of what people need to achieve before they hit 30!
“We’ve had a huge number of suggestions for the guide and whittling them down to a final 30 was a huge, but fun challenge. Reaching any big birthday can cause people to reflect, so we hope this guide gets people thinking about all the great experiences they’ve had, while also making them smile – no matter what age they are!”
http://Hallmark.co.uk offers thousands of card designs covering all occasions, including exclusive OK! Magazine Cards where you and your friends or family can follow in the footsteps of Posh and Becks and be cover stars, as well as Disney and LEGO(R) designs. Popular Hallmark brands, including Forever Friends and Purple Ronnie, are also available on the site.
And don’t forget to show you care with a Hallmark personalised Christmas card (http://www.hallmark.co.uk/personalised-cards/christmas-cards/). Hallmark will be launching a brand new range of cards for Christmas as well as lots of great offers, including 25% off all personalised business Christmas cards (http://www.hallmark.co.uk/personalised-cards/christmas-cards/) ordered in September. Just enter ‘BUSINESS’ at checkout!
A total of 743 people submitted suggestions for the ‘B430’guide. Below is Hallmark’s favourite 30 ‘must-dos’.
- Attempt to Moonwalk across the dancefloor in a crowded nightclub - Dance all night and get home when it's light! - Realise that you still don't know what you want to do when you grow up - Audition for a reality show, regardless of your ability or reputation - Purchase a ridiculously expensive and totally 'unpractical' pair of shoes - Just because! - Go to work in your 'night before' clothes at least once - Realise finally that you'll always feel like a 5 year old inside - no-one ever grows up! - Blag your way into the VIP area! - Spend a night in a haunted house, with friends and torches - Recreate a scene from a famous film! - Do something your Mum says you'll regret - then not regret it - Make a spontaneous purchase, something indulgent, expensive and gorgeous for yourself no worries. - Invent a 7 day weekend! With continuous Friday Feeling - Drink a Manhattan cocktail in Manhattan! - Take part in a midnight marathon - Have the guts to start my own business - Sing your heart out in a different language. Very liberating! - Learn to Salsa! - Zorbing down a steep hill! So much fun...if you're not sick! - Find the perfect little black dress! - Sleep under the stars - See in the New Year in a foreign city - Resist everything except temptation - Wave your Union Jack at the last night of the Proms! - Set a Guinness World Record - Learning to sing just one karaoke song...well! - Get your kicks on Route 66! - Do the Conga! - Find something you are really good at and make your mark on the world! - Do one thing that actually terrifies you!